With Windows phone 7.5 “Mango” updates being revealed and more than 500 new features being added in Windows phone 7 platform , rumors have started rolling out for Windows phone 8 as well.
Windows phone 8 is expected as Microsoft’s next big update with Windows phone series and is expected to roll out in year 2012 .Windows phone 8 is expected to run on same APX platform windows phones are already having .Marey Jo Foley talked about this codename in December last year and now Monsmartphone is adding ice to it.There is no information available on what apollo refers too , but we expect Windows phone to have more to do with cloud integration and faster approach. With success of windows phone 7.5 update, one can expect Microsoft’s strategy towards Windows phone 7 devices is to reach more and more consumers and retailers , outbeating the success of Android and Iphone devices.
We have also revealed that first Windows phone 8 devices would be using Dual Core ST Ericsson Chip and have following basic features :
- Full HD 1080p camcorder, multiple codecs supported
(H264 HP, VC-1, MPEG-4)
- High-resolution, touchscreen display support up to WXGA
- Simultaneous dual display support up to dual XGA
- High performance 3D graphics
- Dual camera support with Integrated ISP 20 Mpixel and 5 Mpixel
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and FM enabled platform
- Built-in USB 2.0, HDMI out
- Support for multiple operating systems
- Optional support for mobile TV standards